Re: bytea or large object - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Timothy_maguire@hartehanks.com
Subject Re: bytea or large object
Date
List pgsql-sql
an alternative that I do for situations like this is store the file
location in the db, then when you want to call it, you can generate a link
on the web page from the db pointing to the file.  The file is stored on
the server, not in the db.

Tim.

Timothy P. Maguire
Web Developer II
Harte-Hanks
978 436 3325

                      Jean-Christophe FABRE

                      <jean-christophe.fabre@ens        To:       pgsql-sql@postgresql.org, pgsql-php@postgresql.org

                      am.inra.fr>                       cc:

                      Sent by:                          Subject:  bytea or large object

                      pgsql-php-owner@postgresql

                      .org

                      04/03/2002 09:47 AM

Hi,

I would like to store .pdf files in a database, which is accessed through a
PHP interface.
which is the best way to store binary data?
- bytea? (with the tricky handling of escape chars)
- large objects?

thanks

JC

PS: I didn't found any example of scripts using bytea in PHP, does someone
has some?

Jean-Christophe FABRE
INRA - UMR Sol & Environnement tel: +33 (0)4 99 61 23 51
2, place Viala fax: +33 (0)4 67 63 26 14
34060 MONTPELLIER cedex 1
FRANCE

http://archives.postgresql.org
HARTE- HANKS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION- if you are not the
addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein and should delete this message.