Re: Upload Table Warning Message - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mark Wimer
Subject Re: Upload Table Warning Message
Date
List pgsql-novice

I'm not an expert at this at all, but EWKT is extended well-known text - for extra dimensions.  See

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2559296

So are there extra elements in your data that might be ignored? Are the PostGIS versions the same on both 8.0 and 8.2? If they're different, it could be that earlier PostGIS ignored extra values in a string.

Just a guess.

Mark

"Jessica Fendos" <Jessica.Fendos@state.mn.us>
Sent by: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org

04/09/2008 05:36 PM

pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
cc
Subject
[NOVICE] Upload Table Warning Message

Hi list:

I uploaded a table using psql command to both Postgres 8.0 and 8.2. The upload to 8.2, I got a warning message:

INSERT 01
psql:XXXX.sql :01: WARNING:  OGC WKT expected, EWKT provided - use GeomFromEWKT <> for this

What does this mean and how can I avoid this? Thank you for your advice.

Jessica