ms access app ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject ms access app ?
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

we have a large ms-access application (as .mde file) which is connected to an oracle database.
Now we want to migrate to postgresql. Database migration has been done successfully but
when starting the access-application we get the following error:

"Cannot find table ... on database"

I manually connected to postgres via access and find out that postgresql provides every table with the
full qualifier, which means, that while access is looking for a table (e.g. mytable) postgresql provides only a table ( myschema.mytable ).

Is there a setting which prevent ms-access from for an unqualified name or the other way around, is there an setting, which disable the full-qualified name
to be shown to access in the case where the tableowner is connected to postgresql ?

thanks in advance

tom