Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [GENERAL] Debugging SPI Cfunctions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bsimon@loxane.com
Subject Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [GENERAL] Debugging SPI Cfunctions
Date
List pgsql-general

wouah. Ok. Looks like programming deficient skills ... :)
Thank you.

By the way,
I have been using DB2 and its Call Level Interface (CLI) API and it was great because you have the same API (based onb ODBC) for writing server side stored procedures and external functions.
I guess that's why I was a bit confused with SPI.
Could be cool to move this into Postgresql ?

Benjamin.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>

13/01/2005 17:05

        Pour :        bsimon@loxane.com
        cc :        Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>, pgsql-general@postgresql.org
        Objet :        Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : [GENERAL] Debugging SPI C functions

bsimon@loxane.com writes:
> Then I have a C (libpq) client program that calls my spi functions like=20
> this :
> PQExec(conn,"SELECT mySpiFunction()");=20
>  the problem is ->  I can't step into this line !

Of course not --- the execution of mySpiFunction is in a different
process.  You need to set up a second instance of gdb that's attached
to the postgres backend process your application is using.

                                                  regards, tom lane