Problems with initdb on Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Javier Vilarroig
Subject Problems with initdb on Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all.

     I'm not sure if this is the good place to talk about Postgresql on
Cygwin, but...

     I'm triying to run Prostgresql on Cygwin, only for development
purposes. I installed Postgresql on my brand new Cygwin installation.

     When I try to run initdb it gets hanged, after 4 hours it didn't
ended.

     Here is the initdb output:
 $ initdb -D /usr/local/pg_data
This database system will be initialized with username "vilarroig".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server proce

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pg_data
Creating directory /usr/local/pg_data/base
Creating directory /usr/local/pg_data/global
Creating directory /usr/local/pg_data/pg_xlog
Creating template1 database in /usr/local/pg_data/base/1
Signal 11
Caught signal.

initdb failed.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.266.

The signal was sent by me using kill.

Looking at the program manager I can see postgres.exe takin al the CPU
time.

Please can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately
byreply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Do not copy this e-mail or any attachments, use the
contentsfor any purpose, or disclose the contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.