Re: escape single quote in INSERT command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From wsheldah@lexmark.com
Subject Re: escape single quote in INSERT command
Date
List pgsql-general
If you're using DBD::Pg, just use ? placeholders without any quotes and let
it do the escaping for you:

$sth = $dbh->prepare("insert into customer (name) values (?)");
$sth->execute($name);

Makes the code a little more portable too. Hope this helps,

Wes

dave_h4@yahoo.com (Hunter)@postgresql.org on 11/22/2002 08:00:31 AM

Sent by:    pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org