Re: Using ODBC and VBA to pull data from a large object - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam C Falkenberg
Subject Re: Using ODBC and VBA to pull data from a large object
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry about that.  Here's the driver information and some code.  Thanks.

Driver Name: PostgreSQL ANSI
Version: 9.02.01.00

constr = "Driver={PostgreSQL ANSI}; Server=servername; Port=5432; Database=databasename; Uid=username; Pwd=password;"
With conn
    .ConnectionString = (constr)
    .Open
End With

SQL = "SELECT data FROM pg_largeobject WHERE loid = " & id & " ORDER BY pageno"
rs.Open SQL, conn

stream.Type = adTypeBinary
stream.Open

' Loop through the recordset and write the binary data to the stream
While Not rs.EOF
    stream.Write rs.Fields("data").Value
    rs.MoveNext
Wend