Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From MargaretGillon@chromalloy.com
Subject Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC
Date
Re: Postgresql Text field / Visual FoxPro Memo and ODBC  (Josué Maldonado <josue@lamundial.hn>)
List pgsql-general
I am using ODBC to move Visual FoxPro7 tables (windows 2000 client) into
Postgresql 7.x on a Redhat Linux server. All is working well except for
Memo fields, which are Text fields in PostgreSql. I query the Postgresql
table and get a cursor, update the cursor with the data, and send it back.
The contents of the memo field never make it back to the Postgresql text
field. Other changes to the record's fields are saved with no problem.

At this time all my UI's have to be written in VFP. Is there a work around
for this or am I going to have to eliminate Text/Memo fields from my
tables?

Thanks.
***
Margaret Gillon, IS Dept., Chromalloy Los Angeles, ext. 297