formatting timestamptz for more precision? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Christopher.Becker@apcc.com
Subject formatting timestamptz for more precision?
Date
List pgsql-novice

From what I've read, Postgres stores plenty of precision to contain
milliseconds.  My question is, how do I see the milliseconds?  Just doing a
select on a timestamptz column just gives me hh:mm:ss... but i'm looking
for something more like hh:mm:ss.ms.  Is there someway to do a format
within the select so that I can see the miliseconds as well as the rest of
the time?

--Chris