Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB?
Date
Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB?  (<operationsengineer1@yahoo.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL a slow DB?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
Hi All

I started using PostgreSQL\Postgis in January.    Lately I have been
reading on the internet many rumblings about PostgreSQL being slower than
MySQL/SQLLite etc etc.  Comparisons made were routine inserts , updates,
and deletes.   Is any of this true?   If so,are there methods to speed
things up?    I used the Explain Analyze command on portgesSQL it seemed
fast although I have not run any other DB's.
I know when comparison tests are performed they can be tilted on these
internet sites.  But I see so many people declaring PostgreSQL to be the
slowest I am thinking where there is smoke there's fire.

Elwood Cordery
Rockwell Collins
Contract Software Engineer
319-295-8248