A memory leak. Postgres 7.4. Mac OS. X Server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PAviles@its.co.cr
Subject A memory leak. Postgres 7.4. Mac OS. X Server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,=20
we have a postgresql 7.4 database server on an  X Server with Mac OS=20
10.3.3, 7F45
The server  possess two CPU's, 4 Gb in memory, and an adequate space on=20
disk.
The service run fine in the majority of time. But, we see the memory go=20
down, bit by bit. (A memory leak).
No errors are produced, but the memory is missing, and then we need to=20
restart the service (pg_ctl restart) to clean the busy memory. Before the=
=20
reload, the postgres run slow (by the lack of memory, I think!).
Postgres was compiled with gcc 3.3, with fink on stable (read line, open=20
ssl),=20
and with CFLAGS=3D -03-mtune=3D970 -funroll-loops
The parameters used was: /configure --with-includes=3D/sw/include=20
--with-libraries=3D/sw/lib --prefix=3D/sw --with-rendevouz

Regards

Pablo Avil=E9s Cisneros=20
Area Manager=20
Software Research and Development Area