"PostgreSQL Error Code(1)" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher.Becker@apcc.com
Subject "PostgreSQL Error Code(1)"
Date
List pgsql-general

When I'm running my app, I occaisonally receive this error message:

PostgreSQL Error Code(1)
"could not create socket: An address incompatible with the requested
protocol was used"

It appears to be a PostgreSQL Error, but I can't find Any documentation on
it at all in the PostgreSQL docs, or webpage.  Has anyone ever scene this
before or know what could be the cause?  Like I said it happens once in a
while, not consistently.

A little about my setup.. I've got PostgreSQL running on a linux server and
I'm connecting to it through my delphi client running on WinXP.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.