Re: "PostgreSQL Error Code(1)" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: "PostgreSQL Error Code(1)"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 10 December 2003 16:24, Christopher.Becker@apcc.com wrote:
> When I'm running my app, I occaisonally receive this error message:
>
> PostgreSQL Error Code(1)
> "could not create socket: An address incompatible with the requested
> protocol was used"
>
> It appears to be a PostgreSQL Error, but I can't find Any documentation on
> it at all in the PostgreSQL docs, or webpage.  Has anyone ever scene this
> before or know what could be the cause?  Like I said it happens once in a
> while, not consistently.

It could be an IPv4 vs IPv6 issue. I think PG will try IPv6 first then fall
back to IPv4 on systems that say they support 6, which many linux
distributions do. Have a look in the mailing list archives for discussion of
this.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd