Réf. : Re: SPI memory managment issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bsimon@loxane.com
Subject Réf. : Re: SPI memory managment issue
Date
List pgsql-general

after investigation, I have to reformulate :

The actual memory is freed after each call of spi_finish, which is cool. However the global amount of virtual memory used by the process does not decrease until the last spi_finish. I get :

ERROR:  out of memory
DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 10.

...unless I set the virtual memory up to more than 2 gigs. Why isn't it freed ?

My config is :
 windows 2000, P3, 256 Mo ram.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Envoyé par : pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org

03/03/2004 16:08

        Pour :        bsimon@loxane.com
        cc :        pgsql-general@postgresql.org
        Objet :        Re: [GENERAL] SPI memory managment issue

bsimon@loxane.com writes:
> The thing is that I do another spi_connect inside all subqueries (query1
> ... query10) and the memory allocated inside all "subcontext"  doesn't
> seems  to be freed until the last call of spi_finish. (the one of the
> "big" function).

No, spi_finish frees memory used in that particular SPI invocation.
What's your evidence for thinking otherwise?

              http://archives.postgresql.org