ora2pg fails on LONG object access in Catalog - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Art Nicewick
Subject ora2pg fails on LONG object access in Catalog
Date
List pgsql-general
I recently used the program ora2pg to convert an Oracle 9i database to
Postgress. i had a few problems.

Data stored as /'' in oracle did could not be inserted into postgreSQL (The
/ had to be deleted)

Line 1424 in ora2pm has a select statement that reads in a LONG field
("SEARCH_CONDITION") i changed this to ' '.
Line 1315 alos had a LONG field in the SQL. ("DATA_

I was able to get the program to work, However, I'm sure I'll hit problems
as I need to convert elements (VIEWS, PROCS) that require this info.

I think the problem has to do with the DBD:Oracle module support for 9i...
Has anybody looked into this.

Arthur Nicewick
American Management Systems
Corporate Technology Group