Re: Interval data types and SQL Server - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Patrick Hatcher
Subject Re: Interval data types and SQL Server
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm not familiar with the interval data type in Postgres, but barring using
a view, you could create the field in the table as a formula type field.
I'm not what version of SQL this started with, but it is in  SQL 2000

CREATE TABLE Parts
  (PartID            int PRIMARY KEY,
   PartName          char(10),
   PartMaterial      char(10),
   PartColor         char(10),
   PartDescription   AS PartMaterial + PartColor
  )

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer

                    Brian Scandale

                    <Brrrian@Excite.com>          To:     <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>

                    Sent by:                      cc:

                    pgsql-novice-owner@post       Subject:     [NOVICE] Interval data types and SQL Server

                    gresql.org

                    04/16/2002 10:07 AM

I have built an application using interval data type to hold things like
the time between two events etc.... (as you might expect)

I am now required to deploy that app on SQL server too... and I just
discovered they have no interval data type... or at least it looks that way
to me... (no sql server gurus available where I am).

Not sure how I am going to handle this yet... So I am looking for any sort
of sage advise that you all might have for me at this point.

thanks in advance,
Brian