Re: DDBMS with postgresql. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jayadevan M
Subject Re: DDBMS with postgresql.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

> What I mean is that a same database (or just some tables) is "cut"
> into parts, and each of those parts are located in different places.
>
> For instance, a table TestTable(id int8 not null, first varchar(10),
> second varchar(15), primary key(id)) exists on site A and on site B.
> Rows are inserted into site A table; different rows are inserted
> into site B table.
> When a query is done on that table from one of those sites (like
> "select * from TestTable;"), the result is the list of all rows from
> TestTable of site A together with all rows from TestTable of site B,
> as if it was a single local table.
>
> Another example is that a table TestTable exists on site A, a table
> OtherTable exists on site B, and relationship exists between those
> tables via, let's say, foreign key. Local queries using both tables
> should be possible.
>
> This explanation may not be very clear, please tell me if that is the case.
May be you could have a look at hadoopDB?

http://hadoopdb.sourceforge.net/guide/
It can use PostgreSQL
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."