Can't read input file - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Devinder K Rajput
Subject Can't read input file
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am trying to load a table by using the COPY command.  I am running the perl script my self and the data is located in the same directory as the perl script.  However, I get the following error:

ERROR:  COPY command, running in backend with effective uid 501, could not open file '/data/db/db_scripts/counterpoint/contract_IMCODF_SUB_CAT_output' for reading.  Errno = Permission denied (13).

This output file is created by the perl script and has the following permissions:

-rw-rw-r--    1 drajput  drajput      8934 Jan 24 09:00 contract_IMCODF_SUB_CAT_output

Any ideas on what is happening.  Thanks,

Devinder Rajput
Stores Division Corporate Offices
Chicago, IL
(773) 442-6474