Re: Streaming replication with sync slave, but disconnects due to missing WAL segments - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com
Subject Re: Streaming replication with sync slave, but disconnects due to missing WAL segments
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jeff.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll adjust wal_keep_segments for the expected biggest table in the backup.

Best regards,
Mads

From:    Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>
To:    "Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com"
            <Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com>,
Cc:    Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>,
            "pgsql-general@postgresql.org" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Date:    06-06-2013 18:33
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Streaming replication with sync slave, but
            disconnects due to missing WAL segments
Sent by:    pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM, <Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com>
wrote:
      Hi

      Thanks for your reply. Do you know of any options that I could give
      pg_dump/psql to avoid creating one big transaction? I'm using the
      plain text format for pg_dump.

For the plain text format, it is already not one big transaction, unless
you specify to -1 to the psql.  However, the load of any individual table
will still be a single transaction, so for a very large table it will still
be a very long transaction.

Using pg_dump for --inserts could get around this, but it would probably be
better to fix the fundamental problem by increasing wal_keep_segments or
something of that nature.

Cheers,

Jeff