set_time_limit -VS- database queries - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Areski Belaid
Subject set_time_limit -VS- database queries
Date
List pgsql-php
Hi everybody,

Ok, explain:
I do a lot of database queries with php...
to import a lot of field in the database...

In the first time, i put the set_time_limit(0)
But the execution of the script such as system calls using system(),
the sleep() function, database queries, etc. is not included when
determining the maximum time that the script has been running.

So, of course, Ii can't put my script on background...
but I want known how many field has been inserted (hai)...

Helpsssssss

Areski