Default sequence values - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Seth Banks
Subject Default sequence values
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'm getting errors in pgsql when I try to run this create table statement
past...Could someone help me out here? I think it's the default value of
company_id that's erroring out. Any help is appreciated.

CREATE SEQUENCE company_id_seq;
CREATE TABLE company ( company_id     int4 PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT nextval(company_id_seq), parent_id      int4 NULL, name
        text NOT NULL, address_1      text NULL, address_2      text NULL, fax            text NULL, city
textNULL, state_province text NULL, zip            text NULL, country        text NULL, description    text NULL,
stock_symbol  text NULL

);
CREATE INDEX name_idx on company (name);