Re: transfer data from oracle to postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Graeme Merrall
Subject Re: transfer data from oracle to postgres
Date
List pgsql-general

> Is there an easy way to transfer DATA from an oracle database to a
> postgres database (tables are already created)?  As far as I can tell
> the oracle export creates a binary file.  I could write a script, but
> it would be a bit tedious.  I imagine it has already been done?
>
> I searched the archives and docs and the web, but the archives are
> coming up quite right on my browser and I didn't find any good
> suggestions.

There's a ora2pg script in the postgres contrib directory which you can use.
A more updated versionis available from http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ora2pg/.
It's pretty good but it does not do CLOB/BLOB data and it doesn't see
synonyms either.

Cheers,
 Graeme