Accessing another db? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Graeme Merrall
Subject Accessing another db?
Date
Re: Accessing another db?  (Thomas Beutin <tyrone@laokoon.IN-Berlin.DE>)
List pgsql-general
After browsing through the archives and coming up nix I was wondering if
it's possoble for a user to query the tables in another database. Coming
from an Oracle background  it's possible to use "SELECT column1 FROM
user.table" but I can't seem to find if this is possible in postgres

I've read some discussion from April 2002 which infers that that
functionality doesn't exist but it's coming in 7.3. Correct?

Permissions aren't too much of a problem because this is in a private
system.

Cheers,
 Graeme