Unnexpected results using to_number() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Snow
Subject Unnexpected results using to_number()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Is this supposed to happen? I discovered this when I was experimenting with
converting a string to a number.

# SELECT to_number('12,454.8-', '99G999D9S');
 to_number
  -12454.8
(1 row)

# SELECT to_number('12,454.8-', '');
        before or while processing the request.
!#

I am running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE (x86).  Thanks,

- Andrew.