Can't find function pltcl_call_handler in file /usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Madhavi
Subject Can't find function pltcl_call_handler in file /usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
   I tried installing pltcl on my postgres7.2.3 database but was getting the
error:
pltcl_call_handler does not exist.

So now I reconfigured postgres on my system with the option
./configure --with-tcl

And then compiled the downloaded rpm for postgres tcl as below

gcc -pipe -shared -Wl,-soname,libpltcl.so.0 -o pltcl.so pltcl.o -L/usr/lib
-ltcl -ldl  -lieee -lm -lc

I got the following error:

 gcc: pltcl.o: No such file or directory

So I compiled again by removing the pltcl.o option in the above command as
below

gcc -pipe -shared -Wl,-soname,libpltcl.so.0 -o pltcl.so -L/usr/lib
-ltcl -ldl  -lieee -lm -lc

It compiled and the I copied the generated pltcl.so file to /usr/lib/pgsql
folder.

Then I tried to do createlang pltclu dname;

It gave me the following error

Can't find function pltcl_call_handler in file /usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so

Then I executed the following

CREATE FUNCTION pltcl_call_handler () RETURNS opaque
AS '/usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so'
LANGUAGE 'C';

I got the same error again

 Can't find function pltcl_call_handler in file /usr/lib/pgsql/pltcl.so

So Can anybody please tell me what's happening and why is there no such
function in the pltcl.so file?

How do I get tcl to work o my system? I'm using postgres7.2.3 and REd Hat
linux 7.2.

Thanx
Madhavi