Re: Function and Tables Privilege - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jason Hihn
Subject Re: Function and Tables Privilege
Date
List pgsql-novice
So you want to pull conifential info from a table that has everyone's confidential info, with no chance of leaking someone else's?

Sounds like a view (or a function and a view) is in order here... it might be a pain to manage though if you have a alot of changing SELECTers.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Iande
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 3:33 PM
To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: [NOVICE] Function and Tables Privilege

Hi guys,

  I´m almost sure that this question has been asked before... but after a 2 days search, I couldn´t find any solutions for it, I´m a noob to postgres, but manage to install version-7.3.4 no prob, and working fine. So here goes:

I´m looking for a way to store procedures on the db so that i can only access data through those, and only grand permissions to the user to access the procedures and not the tables. I´ve read some stuff about setuid in this mailing list but could not get it to work. Basically what i need is to give privilege to the function to access the tables that will be used and is not granted to the user that executed the function.

Any help will be very much appreciated, even if there is no way of doing so :)

Thanks

Iandé