Re: Need a better way to word this statement for the - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jason Hihn
Subject Re: Need a better way to word this statement for the
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I usually say "all [reported] bugs have been (resolved|closed)" or something
to that effect -"There are no known bugs remaining to be fixed".

And about that "best has gotten better'" line. I don't like it, but I don't
really have anything that I like either. I did come put with "With this
release PostgreSQL solidifies it's position as the [premiere] [descriptions
follow: standards-compliant, reliable and full-featured Open Source]
ORDBMS."

Hope that helps.
-J
-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Justin Clift
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 4:13 AM
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy Mailing List
Subject: [pgsql-advocacy] Need a better way to word this statement for
the press release

Hi everyone,

There's a line in the draft Press Release for version 7.3 that says:

 - Dozens of performance enhancements and bug fixes to maintain
   PostgreSQL's leading position in ORDMBSs.

Can anyone think of better wording for it?

Perhaps:

 - Dozens of performance enhancements to maintain PostgreSQL's
   leading position in ORDMBSs.
 - All known bugs fixed.

Except that "all known bugs fixed" isn't right.  There's still that
"to_cash()" bug isn't there?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

   - Indira Gandhi