Re: pgadmin3 query tools - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From efesar
Subject Re: pgadmin3 query tools
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
> > 1. I just got time to try this build. There is a new bug
> > where if it can't connect to the server it goes into an
> > infinite loop (ok, ok, ok, ok, etc. -- for instance, if the
> > server is not running). Starting the server does not help,
> > you have to kill the PGA3 process. Then restart PGA3.
>
> Yes, I noticed that as well.

Submitting patch for that.

> I've been thinking about that, and the majority of places we use such
> info, we only need to oid & identifier. I wonder if it would be easier
> to build some fast, dedicated caches for that instead. We do acctually
> have some of these internally in pgSchema (pga2), but in this code they
> could be globally accessible within a pgDatabase.

There are pros/cons. The tree is slower than a dedicated cache, but the
dedicated cache would have to be refreshed in the same refreshes as the
tree. And it would basically end up being a linked list, so we might end up
doing double duty.

> Done (cvs currently at 193.195.77.163). I believe Andreas did get your
> memory fixes in, but please check.

Okay, updated and compiled. No memory leaks as far as I can see.

-Keith

Attachment