FW: Trouble with LargeObjects and ODBC, backend crash? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Mike Miller
Subject FW: Trouble with LargeObjects and ODBC, backend crash?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
This didn't seem to make it to the mailing list and proves to be useful to
some people...

Hi

I am experiencing the same problem when updating a table with a column
of type lo.
I think the function lo_manage crashes when the lo column is null.
Since I have not seen an answer to your mail I will appreciate if you
could tell
me how you solved it.

thanks in advance

    Carlos Lopez Holtmann

Mike Miller wrote:

> >> Was the Picture column NULL before the update operation ?
>
> Yes it was - it had no value assigned to it, but I do not know what would
be
> there instead.

The crash seems to be caused by a bug of lo_manage().
The attached is a patch to contrib/lo/lo.c.
Please re-install lo.so and try.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Attachment