Re: Copy from a SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Valerie Goodman
Subject Re: Copy from a SELECT
Date
List pgsql-sql
That's exactly what I don't want to do.

I've got *very* limited HDD space for the amount of information I need to
copy out.  The place to where the CSV file is would be output is NTFS and
from the Postgres documentation, it states that I should not put the table
oid files there and link in order to free up space in the default drive.

I've tried using \o to stream the output to a file on the NTFS area, but the
machine ran out of memory (memory = 2G).

I was looking for a work around to copy out the section of data I wanted to
a temporary table and then copy that table out .....