Re: jdbc connection - UnknownHostException - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: jdbc connection - UnknownHostException
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Yann-

Is it possible that some security software (firewall or such) is running on
myhostn.org which might regard activity on port 5432 suspicious & close the
connection? Sometimes when connections seem to work & then quickly stop,
this is the cause.

-Nick

http://myhost1.org. After some attempts, the connection succeded, but when a
tried it again, I received an UnknownHostException. I've then tried after
many things to connect through the db with another alias, http://myhost2.org
(which is the very same ip than myhost1.org), and it works a few times.

I've then written a small test class, which looks very like what is in the
bean, to connect on a postgresql:

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver"); //load the driver
db=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://myhost1.org:5432/dbname",
"user", "pwd");
//...
db.close();

and it works fine, no exceptions (loading driver and connecting ok).
But in the same time, the connection in the bean does not succeed any
more...

The driver is always correctly loaded.
What am I missing? thanks for any answer :)
yann

--
Yann Calderara <cy@netlabs.org>