Re: too many clients - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: too many clients
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
You have exceeded your connection limit to the database. I believe it
defaults to 64 in most distributions. This is a general administration
issue- not specific to JDBC. All database clients, such as psql, pg_dump,
etc... draw from the same limited resource.

Your pooling applications are probably OK because they initially create a
set of connections that are never released- simply pooled & re-used.

You may be able to bring temporary relief by increasing your connection
limit in postgresql.conf, but the long term fix involves managing the
connections via pooling or other resource management schemes.

-Nick