Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: Permission Denied When i am Trying to take Backup
Date
List pgsql-admin
Perhaps postgres doesn't have rights to create <filename> in the current
directory?

To test this, try to use the same procedure & at step 3, do: touch
<filename> instead of starting dump. If it fails, you have the answer.

What does the "-l" option on su do? (I'm unfamiliar with it & apparently
don't have such an option on the version I'm running.)