Re: What may be the url we need to use to connect the Postgres Database with Java - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: What may be the url we need to use to connect the Postgres Database with Java
Date
List pgsql-admin
>     Permission denied when i go for the backup. The steps i am doing is
>
> 1. Logins as root
> 2. su postgres
> 3. pg_dump Databasename redirected to file name...
>
>    Let me know why i am getting this error

Maybe the postgres user does not have permission to create a file in this
directory.

If this is true, the error you are getting would be from the operating
system, not from pg_dump.

To test this, try the same steps, but instead of starting pg_dump, do:
"touch test" to see if the postgres user can create a file. If you get an
error it is simply a directory permission problem.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/