Re: newbB: Howto tell if jdbc is compiled-in? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Nick Fankhauser
Subject Re: newbB: Howto tell if jdbc is compiled-in?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

> BTW, I'm interested in java servlets running under Apache Tomcat,
> using postgreSQL as the back-end store.  Can anyone recommend any
> sites that discuss this combination?

Tony Grant has a page describing this combination with the addition of
Macromedia UltraDev: http://www.animaproductions.com/ultra.html

It's just barely started, but I have a few notes about problems we
encountered in connection with JDBC & Tomcat in here:
http://www.fankhausers.com/tomcat/jdbc/. More to come as time allows... The
combination you mention is exactly what we're using, and we found it quite
easy to work with once you get past the setup hump, which was a real bear.
Although I've found some other sites out there describing this setup, the
information we ultimately ended up using all came from the "official" Tomcat
site. In particular, take a look at the mod_jk documentation.

-Nick