Having trouble getting readline functional in psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael S. Kelly
Subject Having trouble getting readline functional in psql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey all,

Readline functionality not working in psql.

I've installed PostgreSQL 7.0 RC1 on RedHat 6.2.  I have configured using:

   --with-libraries=/usr/lib

which is where the libreadline.so.3 file is.  One of the things I've
noticed, although I'm not sure of it's significance, is that when the
configure routine checks for the readline.h file it returns "no".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-=michael=-