SQL Server Question (Way OFF TOPIC SORRY) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mirko Geffken
Subject SQL Server Question (Way OFF TOPIC SORRY)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I know this is way off topic (with this being a PostgreSQL mailing list),
but I couldn't find one.

Does anyone know of a SQL Server mailing list.

In case anybody knows the answer here, here is my question:
I want to insert into a table with an identity field and get the identity
field's value returned immediately
e.g.
CREATE TABLE x
(
    id    IDENTITY(1,1),
    y    INT
);

INSERT INTO x(y) VALUES (2)

In Oracle you can do something like:
x:=INSERT INTO x(y) VALUES (2) RETURNING id (forgot exact syntax)

Does anyone know of a safe (meaning works with concurrent users) solution for SQL Server?

Thanks for your time and I apologize for the off topic message
  Mirko