NOT-IN CLAUSE - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Prashant Dalal
Subject NOT-IN CLAUSE
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

My Following select st. is running from last one day. I think the problem is
NOT IN clause.
Please suggest the alternative select clause.

SELECT resreq.proj, resreq.ver, substr(resreq.act, -5, 5) act, resreq.rn,
null,
       null, resreq.rl, resreq.dr, resreq.ra
    FROM resreq
    WHERE resreq.ver IN ('0', '99')
      AND NOT (resreq.proj, resreq.ver, substr(resreq.act, -5, 5),
resreq.rn)
          IN (SELECT actres.proj, actres.ver, substr(actres.act, -5, 5) act,

                      actres.rn
               FROM actres, resreq
               WHERE actres.proj = resreq.proj
                 AND actres.ver = resreq.ver
                 AND substr(actres.act, -5, 5) = substr(resreq.act, -5, 5)
                 AND actres.rn = resreq.rn
                 AND actres.ver IN ('0', '99'))

Best Regards,
Prashant Dalal.