Comparison operators for bytea - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Comparison operators for bytea
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I notice that in 7.0.3 there are no '<' or '>' operators defined for the
bytea type.  Is this (should this be) fixed in 7.l?

It just makes it impossible to do stuff like SELECT DISTINCT (byteafield),
etc...

The reason i'm trying to do this is I have written a query that discovers
all the foreign keys in a table, (meaning I could actually modify pg_dump to
use ALTER TABLE ADD FOREIGN KEY statements instead of ADD CONSTRAINT
TRIGGER), however I need to do a DISTINCT across pg_trigger.tgargs...

Chris

--
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Family Health Network (ACN 089 639 243)