pg_dump / Unique constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject pg_dump / Unique constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've been examining the pg_dump source and output, and I've come to the
conclusion that I can modify it so that UNIQUE constraints appear as part of
the CREATE TABLE statement, rather than as a separate CREATE INDEX.  I know
it is possible because phpPgAdmin does it!

This change should also be in line with what we have been discussing
earlier, and could be a precursor to getting FOREIGN KEY constraints
appearing as part of CREATE TABLE as well...

Is there any problem with me working on this?

Chris

--
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Family Health Network (ACN 089 639 243)