HELP with postmaster on NT: command not found in cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jens Skakkebaek
Subject HELP with postmaster on NT: command not found in cygwin
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have successfully compiled postgresql 6.5.3 on my NT machine.  I can start
ipc-daemon.exe  and "postmaster -i" when logged in as the "postgres" user.
However, if I log in as another user, I get a "command not found" when
trying to run "postmaster -i".  Perhaps it's because it's a symbolic link?

I tried to change the IDs in /etc/passwd to swap the identities of the
postgres user and my normal account, but that didn't change anything.

What can I do?  Is there a way of starting postgres.exe directly with the
right parameters?

Thanks very much in advance,

Jens
jskakkebaek@adomo.com