FW: hello - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From James Morris
Subject FW: hello
Date
List pgsql-novice

-----Original Message-----
From: James Morris [mailto:j.morris@churchnet.org.uk]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2000 9:35 AM
To: wyrd
Subject: RE: [NOVICE] hello

> > There are many ways to do it.  I use postgres with perl and CGI.
> > Works great.
> >

> You can also use Python or Java quite effectively.  You have
> several options, Javier.

  This is the thing that most people forget about CGI.  It doesn't necessarily have to be
done in perl, any language can be used.  I know several people who code all their CGI
stuff in C, but a great many web d()()ds, including myself, use perl for one good reason:
It's so damn easy to do anything with a bit of text.  Manipulation of input and output,
and adding HTML tags easily is quite important for a web front-end if you ask me.  And
multi-level hashes kick butt   :¬)

  You can write a faster C program, but you can write a perl script faster

Am I off topic yet?   :¬)

James