RE: FW: URGENT: pgsql on the web server - memory problems.... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nikolay Mijaylov
Subject RE: FW: URGENT: pgsql on the web server - memory problems....
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank for responce.

the php is installed as CGI-BIN executable. I think "keep the connections
open" option is not applicable here. I do this because every user works
under its own uid and gid, instead all under "nobody".

i dont have any idea what lsof is...

I will try with netstat, but I was used "ps -axef" and "top".

p.p.
can you told me also how I can use ulimit to limit all postmaster children's
memory ? I mean can i "say" lets all pg uses 40 MB RAM (postmaster and
children)

Nikolay Mijaylov
The reboots are for hardware upgrades!
"http://www.nmmm.nu"; < nmmm@nmmm.nu >