RE: PgAccess 0.97 - final preview - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Hiroki Kataoka
Subject RE: PgAccess 0.97 - final preview
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi all.

> Subject: [INTERFACES] PgAccess 0.97 - final preview
>
> The same URL
>
> ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pub/pgaccess/pgaccess-0.97b.tcl.gz
>
> This version should be used to add translations to other languages:
> -french
> -german
> -italian
> -spanish
> or whatever language do you want. Volunteers should contact me directly
> in order to set up a procedure for updating Messages for various
> languages.

I feel that this international version is very nice.

I have tried this beta version with additional japanese kanji messages. But
I have a problem.

In japan, we use usually the japanese kanji enhanced tcl. This tcl
understands all  japanese kanji encodings and assumes that a 8 bits
character is a part of kanji character's multibyte. Above languages have 8
bits characters but these are not kanji. So, current international version
of pgaccess can not use on japanese tcl even if I include japanese messages.

I think that better solution is to separate a source file of pgaccess to
main code and message catalog files. And message catalog files should be
supplied for each of all supported languages. The pgaccess main code
includes only english messages as default language, and supports to load one
message catalogue file at startup.

I want so much to complate to translate messages to japanese.

How do you think.

Thank you.

Hiroki Kataoka