Case sensitivity - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Robert Hurst
Subject Case sensitivity
Date
List pgsql-odbc
A suggestion for a feature to add to your already wonderful ODBC capability.
Could you add a boolean option that enables/disables case sensitivity with
ODBC calls?  Consider this example, a Delphi client sends:

    select * from logins where "Logins"."Login"='rhurst'

I know it looks ridiculous.  This currently has the ill effect of forcing
pgsql to look for the table 'logins' (case sensitive) when only 'Logins'
exist!  Wouldn't it be nice if I could set an ignore-case flag for ODBC?

Robert Hurst, I.S. Director
Butler Hospital · 345 Blackstone Boulevard · Providence, RI 02906
Voice: (401) 455-6262 · Pager: (401) 460-4594
A Care New England hospital, http://www.carenewengland.org
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."