Data Store on C: - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Avila
Subject Data Store on C:
Date
List pgsql-novice
I just installed PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on Windows XP Pro.

Why is the data store put on the C: drive instead of asking me where I want
it like other DBMS packages do?

What I do is have only OS things on the C: drive, development on the D:
drive, and volatile things (like cache files, databases, Internet
applications, and so on) on the E: drive. It makes backups and defragging
easier.  I'd like the choice of where to put it instead of fragmenting my C:
drive with system files on it.  I defrag C: often to make access quicker.

What was the logic behind not asking? Is there a specific reason PostgreSQL
has to be on C:?

Thanks.

Mike