R: R: Per-server univocal identifier - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Giampaolo Tomassoni
Subject R: R: Per-server univocal identifier
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Giampaolo,
>
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 01:26:21AM +0200, Giampaolo Tomassoni wrote:
> > Or... Can I put a custom variable in pgsql.conf?
>
> Like that you mean?
>
> ----
> custom_variable_classes = 'identify'    # list of custom variable
> classnames
> identify.id = 42
> ----
>

> template1=# show identify.id;
>  identify.id
>  42
>

> However pg_settings does not contain variable classes so it can
> be difficult
> to actually use this value. I wonder if this is a bug or a feature?

Yes, that would be fine. It doesn't work to me, anyway. I guess the problem is that the setting shall be associated to
apostgres module, which have to be responsible for the proper handing of the setting itself. Without an associated
module,the setting is not available under the postgres env.