Stored Procedures for Shell Execution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dustin Dortch
Subject Stored Procedures for Shell Execution
Date
Re: Stored Procedures for Shell Execution  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-general
Recently, I have been working on the MCSE certification, and I have been
studying SQL Server 2000 Administration for one of my electives.  Anyhow,
the reason I mention this is because of some features in SQL Server that I
think would be great in PostgreSQL.  Is there a stored procedure that allows
for the execution of shell commands?  I think it would be great.  What I
would like to accomplish is when a customer is added to my CRM application,
a script is executed on my shell.  Obviously, I woud need to create a
trigger on my user table and have it run a stored procedure, etc.

Thanks
Dustin, Network+, MCP