Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Date
Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)  (Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:28:00 -0400 (EDT) John Wells <jb@sourceillustrated.com> wrote:

> It's my opinion that we should be using PG, because of the full ACID
> support, and the license involved.  A consultant my company hired before
> bringing me in is pushing hard for MySql, citing speed and community
> support, as well as ACID support.

you should also cite conformity to standards. MySQL is significantly
different from SQL standards in a number of regards. not that any are fully
conformant, but there are spots where MySQL is seriously "out there".

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net