Re: sum(if command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From king
Subject Re: sum(if command
Date
List pgsql-general
Col,

I should have been more specific. I should have completed the query.

SELECT STYLENO,  SUM(IF(RECORDTYPE='5', TOTALQTY,0)) AS 'ONHAND'
SUM(IF(RECORDTYPE='6', TOTALQTY,0)) AS 'ONORDER'
FROM WHOE314 WHERE SEASON='202' AND STYLENO NOT LIKE'S%'
GROUP BY SEASON, STYLENO

result:
STYLENO | ONHAND | ONORDER
41321        |   210           |    195
19219        |   101           |    98

What I need to be able to do is cross tabulate the information. like in the
above mysql sql statement. Will the "case" function in postgres allow this?

Thanks